Monday, September 10, 2012

Doing Life and Whatnot

11:50 PM Posted by brit No comments
So these last couple of weeks have been a little crazy to say the least.  I'm generally a decisive, black or white screw gray kind of person, so when I decided a little over a month ago to move...you know for the first time ever, in life, I went balls to the wall with it. 

So now we're at 9/10/12.  And I've leased a duplex, which is one block from the bike trail, 4 blocks from the jogging trail, 6ish blocks from crossfit if I get all crazy and sign up for that, 9ish blocks from my yoga studio and I'll say a short drive or 4 mile bike ride to the YMCA for everything else.

Balls to the wall, yo. 

So in the midst of painting, cleaning up, buying lots o' crap and moving, I'm also finishing up the last practices for Viva Bike Vegas, working, volunteering, going to football games and generally trying to balance everything and not lose my mind. 

And more importantly, on top of that, I'm thinking what comes next?

I've been thinking ALOT about it, but it kinda popped up unexpectedly today when I happened over to bendoeslife.com.  I don't check it as often as I used to but I'm glad I did.

Ben's Book, now preordered for kindle.
Ben's Book will be released Dec 31, 2012. Which is about 4 years from when he started doing life and about a year from when I happened upon the Runners World article about him that began all of this. 

The ball began rolling for cycling long before bendoeslife, and long before the honolulu ride in 2011.  That started back in 2009 when I agreed to do my first bike ride, the Space Race with Nick and Natalie.  I was scared witless of the 20 mile route but agreed to do it.  The night before the race Nick told me he though I wasnt going to do the ride, so they signed up for 40 miles.  And I did 40 with them, on a mountain bike.  You couldnt pay me to do 40 miles on a mountain bike now.  Hell, without clipless pedals on a road bike.  I said all that to say that, as much as training for these centuries have put me outside of my element and well into uncomfortable a many times, I've always liked biking.  You pedal, pedal and repeat (ok and a million other things like shifting gears and pacing, but it all boils down to pedaling).

What comes next? It's going to be outside of my comfort zone, and really doing life.

12 days to Vegas...

0 comments:

Post a Comment