Tuesday, August 13, 2013

It's been awhile

9:35 PM Posted by brit No comments
...and while I haven't posted lately, I have been running pretty regularly.

Pre Britstravaganza I was challenged by my back-in-town-on-a-regular-basis-running partner to run those 10 days before my birthday.

I interpreted that as exercise 10 days...because I'm not running THAT much. And it's hot. So.Very.Hot. that I had to switch it up to elliptical indoors to satisfy that challenge..

And then I took a week off.  It was glorious.  Until I started back again on Sunday...at like 9am.

read: Houston temp prob 95-100 degrees. 

Accurate statement



Note the 9am feels like temp. Just sayin'

Me and running in heat is nothing but a hot mess as it turns out.  Biking in heat is hot and it sucks.  Running in heat I can't do.  I can do like 1/20th of a mile and then I feel dizzy and lightheaded.  Totes blows.

Other than Monday being a Monday....it was much better.  The tradeoff of waking up at 5am is that its a million Houston degrees cooler.  Though still 1000% humidity.

Ah well. I'll take it. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment