Why everything that's supposed to
bad make me feel so good?
Everything they told me not to is exactly what I would
Man I tried to stop man I tried the best I could
But (You make me smile)
What's your addiction? Is it money? Is it girls? Is it weed?
I've been afflicted by not one, not two, but all three...
Everything they told me not to is exactly what I would
Man I tried to stop man I tried the best I could
But (You make me smile)
What's your addiction? Is it money? Is it girls? Is it weed?
I've been afflicted by not one, not two, but all three...
addiction - kanye west.
Now everyone knows I LOVE
kanye. LOVE. I still regret not going to the jayz/kanye watch the
throne concert....but I digress.
ad·dic·tion/əˈdikSHən/
|
Noun:
|
|
I just finished watching this week's
Political Animals on USA. (great show) and one of the sons has a cocaine
addiction. So it got me wondering, what are some of mine? I mean, I don't
drink sodas unless its a mixer, can go weeks/months/whatever without drinking alcohol,
smoking is gross and people litter cigarette butts all the time and it annoys
me and drugs? No ma'am. But for like 09-11, almost two years, I was
addicted to one thing, embarrassingly so.
![]() |
| Don't Judge. |
Cafe World. I was one of the first players of cafe world, back when zynga was just a little baby company in 2009. And I played the ish out of that game. Cafe World wasnt a mutli-million dollar game with a billion dollar company when I started out. The premise of the game is pretty simple. Create cafe, make food, sell food finish game. Except they kept adding levels and challenges and dishes to create, then master. So I kept playing, and getting closer to finishing and then a new level would be created. You had to login every so often otherwise your dishes would spoil, and then eventually you had to have other facebook friends join you to finish stuff. Or you could buy cafe cash? (I think that's what it was called???) and speed up the whole process.
Eventually I got to the point where I did all that. By that time I was also to the point where I convinced myself to buy a mini notebook pc (remember when those were hot for like two seconds) so I could keep my game up at work under the auspices of multitasking. Real reason - Though I could multitask my job real well on my laptop, the game would make my laptop freeze up if I had any other programs open. So I needed another one. Yeah...it was not pretty. I would be out with friends and thinking about my cafe food about to spoil. And it was facebook suicide to admit you were playing that game.
I don't really remember why I stopped. It just got to the point of me realizing I could a) be doing better things with my time and b) Doing Life. I know I stopped playing sometime last spring, probably right around the time I signed up for the Century ride. Sometime earlier this year I started deleting those friends I facebooked only because they played cafe world too. And today I just deleted the app, and all other zynga related apps. Because I really don't need a reminder of how much time I spent sitting on my ass, playing a computer game.
And, to reiterate, totally embarrassing.
Besides, I've had much more fun the last year or so cycling, running, washing a billion workout clothes and everything in between. Happy Sunday.
Crap it's almost midnight and I have spin class at 6a

0 comments:
Post a Comment