1. It's only day 1, but I think runkeeper is a better app than map my run. gasp!. Doing eight sets of 2min walk/2min run got us to a full run of 2.99 miles versus lets sets and less total time running tracked by mapmyrun. So begrudgingly I have to admit Lillie was right and mapmyrun was inflating our milage. I hate being wrong.
2. Despite the heat, sweating and general grossness of outside. I love exercising outside now. I can't imagine being on a treadmill and it makes it really hard to goto the gym outside of spin class.
Plus I'm afraid of this.
Ridiculously tired. Maybe an East End run tomorrow....or maybe just sleeping in.
Oh and for Hillary and non-cyclist readers :) I didn't know I was getting all cyclist terminology specific until Hill pointed this out. Whoops. From wikipedia's glossary of cycling:
- SAG wagon
- Support motor vehicle following long races or recreational rides to pick up riders unable to complete the event. See also: food stop and SAG station. In racing events, typically the main group of riders will ride as a peloton and can be served by one or more SAG wagons trailing behind. In large recreational rides, there may be thousands of riders spread over much of the course, so ride organizers may employ roving SAG wagons to locate and assist stranded riders. It should not be confused with a broom wagon used in bicycle racing. A cyclist in distress is happy to see the SAG wagon as it may enable him to continue riding. No racer wants to be "swept up" by the broom wagon. For him, the race is over.
- And its related word
- SAG station
- A location along the course of a long mass-participation recreational ride providing mechanical and/or medical assistance to riders in need. Volunteers at the SAG station may also dispatch SAG wagons to assist riders stranded along the course. A SAG station may also function as a food stop. "SAG" (most commonly written in all uppercase in the United States but without capitals elsewhere) comes from a 1930s British expression about riders "sagging" off the back of a group.[citation needed] It was adopted in the 1940s when road-racing restarted in Great Britain to mean a following vehicle into which riders sagged when the effort became too much and they dropped out of a race. SAG is sometimes described as an acronym for 'support and gear', 'gear' referring to: mechanical support.
Yay now i don't have to ask myself "ask Brittani what the hell SAG means!" :) congrats on your no sag year you are doing awesome!
ReplyDelete